maandag 26 februari 2024

A painting by Co Breman

 Ah, I am looking back on a nice week with people visiting my studio and celebrating 15 years of creativity. Most of them know me for some time so they know the road I took. To see my process and share it with them was very nice.

I also went to a favorite museum of mine: Singer Laren, and I'd like to share this happy painting with you. It is made by Co Breman in 1915. It represents a square with its famous cafe and church. This square has been painted a lot because there was an active group of painters in this village (hence the museum). Once I was at the same square with the assignment from the academy to paint it. Wow, for me it was difficult. So much was happening: the high trees, the intricate houses, the shadows, I was overwhelmed. It did not turn out to my satisfaction. So when I saw this painting in the museum I thought: hey look what he has made, and how beautiful is this! It definitely brings some sunshine into the room.




Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten