maandag 12 februari 2024

15 years

 This Saturday my studio and creative company will exist for 15 years! I am not one for numbers and it is easy to just let this pass, but I decided to take a moment and celebrate. These weeks I have been looking back at old work, at the list of activities, the nice encounters and just the process of it all. For the first time I made a picture book with a lot of my work in it.

Focusing on developing my creativity has brought me a lot. Learning techniques, learning about art and history, finding your own path in it all and to spend actual time making and exploring. There have been uncertain times, or times without a lot of energy and I went through it all. An interesting thing I learned is that creativity opens up your senses. Your focus is on looking, listening and trying to use that in your drawing or painting. Another thing is to just start, start making, drawing. Creativity often brings surprises, unexpected things occur in your artwork. You would not have found those if you did not just start.

I will go on, using my creativity in my artwork. I hope to inspire and be inspired by others.





Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten