dinsdag 4 april 2023

Piet Mondriaan - early work

Currently there is a popular exhibition in the Singer Museum, a lovely small Art museum close to where I live. The subject is the artist Kees van Dongen, it was interesting to see his paintings. He is known for the many paintings of women he made. The exhibition is really nice and complete. 

But strolling along to one of the other rooms my eye fell on this painting, it has a softness to it and I thought it reminded me of something. The painter turns out to be Piet Mondriaan. Yes, the very abstract painter, but his early landscapes are in a different style which appeal to me. I looked up close to see how he painted it, so talented. And when you look even closer at the clouds you start to see abstract shapes. It was a treasure find for me!


#singerlaren

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten