donderdag 20 juni 2013

Inspiration from nature: shape and colour combinations


I made these pictures in our garden, I like looking at the different shapes and sizes, at the different shades of pink. In september I will join a painting-course in which photography plays a central part and in preparation for that I am reading a book on how to use photography for your paintings (Painting Great Pictures from Photographs, a book by Hazel Harrison). The book shows several cases where painters have made a composition from several of their own photographs to make it into a painting.

Up until now I have been making pictures simply because I enjoy looking at things and registrating them, I've learned a lot from that and unconsciously they form a great reference.
The last weeks I have selected a couple of my pictures to make into paintings, and it is still a work in progress.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten