maandag 26 augustus 2024

Step by step

 I took photos of the steps I took in painting this portrait. In painting there are constant moments of making decisions, and one of those decisions is when to stop... I think you only learn by doing and staying true to your intuition. This portrait was made on a small piece of paper and it was for me to find joy in painting. But of course you want to be pleased with the end result... I think I am a little. I find that I should stop sooner to hold on to a bit of magic instead of continuing into too much detail.






Here I should have stopped I think, but I continued and made the skintone somewhat lighter. But this made it also loose its depth.




This is one way of starting a portrait, it is not based on any rules, so there is probably a lot wrong with it. And next time it would be totally different, but fun it was!




Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten