maandag 21 september 2020

The palette of Zorn

 A couple of years ago we made a journey through Sweden and in the small city of Mora we visited the Zorn Museum, see info here.

Anders Zorn was a painter in Sweden (1860-1920) and because he lived a long time around Mora, the Museum has a large collection of his paintings and other works.

Some of his paintings have a sort of balance and harmony in colour, someone called it: the Zorn palette. This means that he used 4 colours to make his palette: titanium white, yellow ocre, ivory black and vermilion (red).

I made a note of this and in my studio I played around with this to see the possibilities:



I think this is only the beginning, but I do recognize the sandy soft colours he used in his paintings.

The museum is worth a visit, I liked to stand up close to his paintings, seeing the technique and enjoying the paintings as a whole. Next to paintings he has made etches, and other small works. I hope to be back again.



Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten